We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Risca, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Hi,

I'm headed to Torquay from the 19th October a long weekend to celebrate my 35th birthday and am looking for recommendations for things to do.

I quite like outdoors activities, foraging/survival and Go-karting Bowling etc. Plus I like good (but not ridiculously fussy) food.

I'm not much of a nightclub person, but somewhere chilled out for late evening drinks would be nice.

I'll be there with maybe 5 other 30 somethings, so activities during the day, evening and night time would be good.

Any sugestions let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
wales
Level Contributor
592 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

May be of help

iknow-devon.co.uk/attractions/…

If battlefields and go karts are your thing

http://www.battlefieldlivetorbay.com/

www.torquay.com/attractions/go-karts-churston

wales
Level Contributor
592 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

sorry i forgot to mention that we felt the Hole in the wall pub served better than average pub food in its restaurant (not bar area).

Also for something cheaper you have 2 wetherspoons within minutes of one and other, good for a cheap breakfast etc.

Mentioned in this post
The Hole In The Wall
The Hole In The Wall
1,348 Reviews
Torquay, UK
Risca, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Thanks for the recommendations. The Battlefield thing looks good and a little different. I might see if I can get a few more lads down and make an even bigger weekend of it.

The hole in the wall comes well recommended and look like a nice place for a meal and a few sociable beers.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Here's another suggestion for you... a little out of Torquay, but an easy drive..

http://www.ashcombeadventure.co.uk/

ATB,J.

Edited: 15 July 2012, 23:40
Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Risca, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Thanks for the help.

I'm just looking to see how many lads want to come before I can decide which activities to do, both Battelfield live and the Ashcombe Adventures are real contenders. Battlefields cos it's different, Ashcombe because we could pack a full day in just one venue.

So far there's looking to be just 4 of us lads, but my uncle might join in as might a few old uni mates, so potentially 8-10.

I've organised a fair few stag parties in my time and am hoping to treat this in a similar way, although probably with less hardcore drinking and strippers.

I think it's likely to be Friday, quiet evening with a meal and some drinks so my Bro and I can see my uncle and his missus.

Saturday & Sunday activities with the boys (less strenuos ones on Sunday though), then crawl off home on the Monday.

I may need to find a decent breakfast venue for the Sunday, given the Saturday will likely be late and include a few pints of shandy. Anyone know a decent greasy spoon/breakfast place?

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

In my experiece, weatherspoons do a decent enough breakfast at a reasonable price....

ATB,J.

Risca, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Yeah, good shout that, certainly always better than the overpriced hotel breakfasts when I go on business trips.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

Off topic, but I've just got back from a weekend in your City!!

ATB,J.

9. Re: Fun Lads weekend Torquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 17:18