We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visting Brighton

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Visting Brighton

I will be visiting Brighton with my two college-age children. We love to travel and really explore where we stay. Other than truly enjoying the beautiful beach, do you have any recommendations? I would also appreciate restaurant recommendations. We will be there for a week, will not have a car, but happy to use a bus. Thanks so much for help!

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visting Brighton

Not sure I'd call the beach beautiful - it's steep and pebbly. But iconic - certainly.

Definitely use the bus as suggested. Some great restaurants around, the local DE's will let you know their current favourites.

Don't miss the Seven Sisters if you have time for a day out of the city. Bus 12 will take you there along the coast.

Mike

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visting Brighton

The Pavilion, of course, where you can also have afternoon tea. And lunch at Bill's, of course, for the trendy. I like Riddle and Finn's (fish) restaurant.

How old is 'college age'? You should try some of the excellent pubs - Mr P will suggest his current favourite and perhaps, a trip to Lewes.

And of course the pier.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,153 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visting Brighton

I like just wandering around the Lanes and picking where I fancy. Loads of choice from UK chains to individual restaurants.

Don't forget to get an ice cream cone from one of the many ice cream shops along the beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visting Brighton

Thank you so much!

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visting Brighton

This is helpful- thank you

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visting Brighton

They are 22 and 23 - pubs are a must. Thank you

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visting Brighton

Great advice - thank you

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visting Brighton

I love fish and so do my kids. Thank you

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visting Brighton

A week is quite a long time to spend in Brighton IMO.

I see you don't intend to drive, but there are loads of places that are accessible by train or bus.

What time of year are you coming?

Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visting Brighton

I am so sorry - just saw this post. We will be visiting in two weeks. I am happy to take a bus for a day trip. Any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks so much.

Get answers to your questions about Brighton