We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pubs in Brighton

Grangemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pubs in Brighton

Hi there,

We're coming down for the Bank Holiday weekend end of August and was wondering what kind of pubs etc there are to go to. Anyone know of any pubs that play 80's music? Its the only music we can agree on lol. Also some good karaoke pubs? We're more daytime pub people and like 'old men pubs' and pub grub as opposed to young and trendy (sounds boring I know!). Thanks for you help in advance :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

They have a kareoke pub on The pier. Lots of good pubs on Brighton eg basket makers arms, food and beer. The fountain head, the foundry. All in north laines.

In lanes cricketers is popular + wagon And horses.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

Start at The Evening Star near to the station in Surrey St (like many good pubs, it's not immediately obvious). Heading South and a little bit West from there will bring you to some more interesting pubs, on your way to the beach.

The pubs on the beach are not for you, although The Fortune of War is a half-decent spot on a nice day.

In the North Laine, South East of the station, The Basketmakers arms is a good call - especially if you like Fullers beers.

Mike

Grangemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

Cheers guys, sure we'll end up visiting a few of them. Never been to Brighton before but looking forward to it. Thanks x

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

I'd recommend the black lion & the cricketers then you have lucky voice just down the road. Loads of great pubs in Brighton if you stick to the laines & away from the seafront

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

All the above are good. Also The King & Queen if you're more into pub pubs

Grangemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

Thanks again. I'll take a note of these and keep my eyes peeled! Coming down tomorrow so fingers crossed for the weather x

Brighton
Level Contributor
9 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

Good call argyle mikey. I'd add the Lord Nelson on Trafalgar St and the Mitre on Baker St off the London Road.

8. Re: Best Pubs in Brighton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Brighton
Recent Conversations