We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to Brighton beach from London

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Topic
How to go to Brighton beach from London

Hi, my family and I plan to go to London end of the year, would like to know from London, how do we go to Brighton Beach? Mode of transport? Appreciate your kind assistance.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

Best way is by train from a choice of London stations. Which one is for you depends on where you are staying

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Portsmouth
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
1,694 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

Yes, the best route is probably direct train from London Victoria then walk downhill from the station. The attached website may help you

http://www.seat61.com/UK-train-travel.htm

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

You can get the National Express bus from Victoria but as mentioned above, much easier and faster to get the train from London.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

Coming from Singapore at the end of December you do realise that the seaside (Brighton Beach) is, in all likelihood, going to be very cold and wet - it won't be somewhere where you can visit to go swimming and sit on the beach and enjoy a warm, relaxing day out. (It may well still be worth a visit but it's the very middle of our Winter.)

Just thought I should make that clear, just in case ...

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

Dear All,

Many thanks for your time replying me. Appreciated a lot ..

Hi Ginger Chimp, many thanks for your info. I am fully aware the situation during winter, the reason why because my gal wanna go and have a look at the place.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

If there are more than two of you or you plan to do a few day trips from London on the train to Oxford, Canterbury, Cambridge or Rye you might want to consider buying a Network Card. It cost £30 and up to four people can travel on it off peak after 10am or anytime on the weekends. The Network Card gives you a 40% discount each so if you use it a couple of times you make a big saving. You can buy it on the day.

7. Re: How to go to Brighton beach from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Brighton
Recent Conversations