We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steps to Alum Bay

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
64 reviews
Steps to Alum Bay

Hi

We'll be visiting The Needles in a few weeks with a 2.5 year old. We want to go on one of the boat trips but don't want to use the chairlift to get down to the beach. Would the steps down be suitable with a 2.5 year old, how many are there?

England, United...
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Steps to Alum Bay

I found this via Google:

"............or, if you prefer something a bit more energetic. there is a set of wooden steps running down the cliffs, far below the chairlift. It does take a bit of exertion to walk down and back up, but the views are amazing and you can stop along the way and rest at a number of convenient landings."

I can't say exactly how many steps there are, but you can see plenty of pictures if you Google "Alum Bay Steps"

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
281 reviews
2. Re: Steps to Alum Bay

Good picture here alamy.com/stock-photo-stairs-up-from-multi-c…

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Steps to Alum Bay

Thanks...dooable i think.

4. Re: Steps to Alum Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Wight
Recent Conversations