We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City View House for a few days' stay

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
City View House for a few days' stay

at 79 Enterprize Way, near Surrey Quays

According to Google Maps, the property is 15 minute walk from Surrey Quays underground. How far is that station from South Kensington, and the neighbourhoods of Design Museum, Victoria & Albert, etc.?

I'd be interested to hear any reviews of the property, as well, in particular the studio suite.

One of the reasons City View House was included in my search results is that I am looking for a place that has laundry facilities. We will have been staying at a regular hotel for 5 nights, and mid-way through a 3 week. No, I'm not the sort to wash items in the sink each night (especially slacks or jeans!). And often the cost of hotel laundry service is cost-prohibitive.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,683 Reviews
from US$122.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from US$125.40*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
750 Reviews
from US$102.70*
7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

Surrey Quays station isn't on the underground, it's a London Overground station which connects to the Jubilee underground line at Canada Water.

You can check travel times and routes at https://tfl.gov.uk/ but make sure you use the preferences page to tick your preferred options and change the date and times as it can give results based on your local time in Vancouver.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

The 199 and N199 (night bus) buses run from Surrey Quays and Canada Water stations to Grove Street which is a short walk from the accommodation. This spider map shows the bus routes in the local area …tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/canada-water-and-…

This London Overground and the Jubilee lines are a couple of the lines that run 24/7 on a Friday and Saturday nights, others art the Piccadilly, Victoria, Central & Northern, see the map at …tfl.gov.uk/standard-night-tube-map.pdf

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

Thank you both so much for your quick response, especially for clarifying how to connect on public transport! I have some difficulty in discerning from my googleMap, which sorts of stations are indicated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

Does anyone know about the property itself? I'm looking for something in the range of £50–75 per night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

https:/…tab-reviews

California
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

Consider the costs of public transport when staying out of the city center. It just may be a false economy despite the low rate at this place. I really wouldn't want a 15 minute walk to get back, especially if the weather isn't cooperating.

Edited: 15 March 2018, 06:12
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City View House for a few days' stay

Thank you, post #5 for the link. I was previously unable to the entire portfolio of reviews. This is very eye-opening, especially about the noise from other units in the same building.

Reply to: City View House for a few days' stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted