We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which London Walks walk?

ont
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Topic
Which London Walks walk?

I've been to London before and I've seent he major sights. I would like to take some London Walks, but I'm not sure which ones to take. Which do TA members recommend?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.60*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
627 reviews
from US$100.30*
simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which London Walks walk?

Did Hampstead w/ Richard III and Nightime Thames pub one w/ Shaungh

Both were very enjoyable.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,346 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which London Walks walk?

We've taken a lot of them and they are all pretty good. I particularly like the evening pub walks. London is a little quieter in the evenings and it makes it easier to hear (and cross streets.) And stopping for a break at a couple of pubs is nice. : )

The Jack the Ripper Walk is very, very popular and thus, very large crowds. It wouldn't be my first choice. The Along the Thames and Westminster by Gaslight are nice walks. But you really can't go wrong with any of them.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which London Walks walk?

London Walks offer a varied selection of themed walks. Help us to help you by giving us an idea of some of your interests first.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
841 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which London Walks walk?

One year, I just deliberately chose Walks that started in the neighborhood I was staying in (Literary Bloomsbury and the evening pub walk). Was fascinating to learn more details about buildings I had been walking by every day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which London Walks walk?

Beach combing along the Thames was fascinating ! may have to contact them for detail of when though.

Level Contributor
143 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which London Walks walk?

Last May we did "Apparitions, Alleyways and Ale", led by Russell on a Thursday evening. We really enjoyed hearing about the various ghosts in and around the Theatre District and St. James Park. Russell was a great guide and had wonderful stories to tell. I heartily recommend this one! We also enjoyed the walks around Hampstead Village and Kensington, among others. To tell you the truth, we've taken many, and haven't been disappointed yet!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which London Walks walk?

We did the Jack the Ripper walk with Shaughan. Even though there was a crowd, his voice projected and it was informative and entertaining.

8. Re: Which London Walks walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 14:15