We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

I will be arriving on December 31 with my 14 year old daughter from London. I am having trouble deciding where to stay for 2 nights.

What is the difference between B & B’s and Hotels cause it looks like the hotels do breakfast too?

I was thinking about the Groves?

I am also doing this on a budget and would like to find a place that is UNDER or around $100.00 US a night. I’m basically just looking for a decent place to sleep and experience the area.

Thanks for your help.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

Thanks I will call them in the am. I called a bunch of places today only to find most don't have any twin rooms open or they want 3 night min or there to much for the night.

I would really like to find one that will only charge me 70 GBP, but because I'm there on New Years eve they have all gone up ;-(

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

I realise you will almost certainly not be able to change your dates for staying in York, but by now you have realised that it will be almost impossible to get two nights in York for those particular day/ dates at a reasonable price. It puts us off going away over New Year too!

However, if you have a car or are prepared to take a train, there are places close by - Selby is one- where you may be able to get what you want and still only be 20-30 minutes away from York. The train services will be curtailed on New Year's day, but should be running a weekend service I think (worth checking first!)

If you are able to change your dates, there will be real bargains after January 4th -ish

UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

Try Bowmans Guest House on Booking.com. We have just stayed there for 80.00 per night.Nice place, close to the Minster about a ten minute walk at most.

14. Re: Hotel or B&B? Where should I stay for 2 nights in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2012, 18:19