We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi

Our party of three will be traveling from Haddon Hall on Friday, June 8, 2018, to Dorothy Clive Gardens. I understand it is about an hour and half drive. We are traveling between two garden tours that we have booked and want to make the best of time to enjoy both tours of the gardens.

The tour company has offered to book a private car for over 200 pounds, but I see on line that we could hire a taxi for about 113 pounds. It is feasible to plan that we could pre arrange for the cab from Haddon Hall to Dorothy Clive and is this a good option for us. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Haddon Hall
Haddon Hall
1,407 Reviews
Bakewell, UK
6 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi

I don't see why not, if you've got a taxi willing to do it. It's obvious, but worth saying, yes, you'll need to book well in advance and agree the price. Sounds much cheaper than the one from the tour company anyway. There's no other real option if you're trying to get there for a certain time. Going by rail around the edge of the Peak District would take far too long.

Edited: 14 February 2018, 07:19
Mentioned in this post
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi

Please could you advise how many of you need transport, where are you coming from to get to Haddon Hall and where are you going to afterwards?

Also, was it a local Peak District taxi company that gave you the quote or one from further afield ?

P-t-B

Mentioned in this post
Haddon Hall
Haddon Hall
1,407 Reviews
Bakewell, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi

There are three of us traveling. We are on a Brightwater tour based in Sheffield with the last day touring Haddon Hall then heading back to London. Our next tour is also with Brightwater and we start at Dorothy Clive Gardens on the same day, June 8, 2018 with a tour of the gardens and lunch. Both tours have lunch and tours of garden from about 13:00 to 15:00. Since the time lines are so tight with at least an hour and aa half drive apart, it appears that we must make a decision on what to leave out.

The taxi quote came from a site on the internet, taxifare.

I think we will forgo Haddon Hall (unfortunately) and instead take a train from Sheffield to Birmingham where the second tour does it last pickup; therefore, losing one half day of one tour but picking up with the next tour in the least stressful manner.

Open to any other suggestions and thank you for your help.

I

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield
Sheffield
South Yorkshire, UK
Haddon Hall
Haddon Hall
1,407 Reviews
Bakewell, UK
London
London
England, UK
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi

Its a shame but I think that missing out Haddon is probably sensible, not least because you would have to organise your luggage as well. Missing out Dorothy Clive Gardens instead would not be an option because meeting up with that tour group would be much more tricky and expensive.

Incidentally, I notice that the first trip includes a visit to the RHS show at Chatsworth. I hope that you get good weather for this because last year was a complete washout with mud everywhere and very long traffic jams !

P-t-B

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi

Thank you so much for the assistance. It is greatly appreciated and we will hope for clear skies at Chatsworth.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi

Ah, shame, as Haddon Hall is very pretty. I had a look at the tour details and can't see a way to squeeze it in. You will just have to make a note for next time you're in England.

After last year, I'm sure Chatsworth will go to town on parking provision (they're not exactly short of space) and everything will run smoothly this year.

Enjoy the trip!

Mentioned in this post
Haddon Hall
Haddon Hall
1,407 Reviews
Bakewell, UK
England
England
United Kingdom
Reply to: Taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Peak District National...
More Peak District National Park Topics
;