We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
342 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage

We are coming in from London and want to tour around Oxford for the day before going to Woodstock to spend the night.

Excess Baggage doesn't have a location in Oxford. The rail station also doesn't have left luggage facilities. Does anyone know of a place where travelers can leave luggage for the day?

Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Woodstock
Woodstock
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
490 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage

Sadly because of terrorism, left-luggage at public transportation seems a thing of the past. I recommend contacting the tourist information centre. Maybe they can give you some advice.

http://www.visitoxford.org/info.asp

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage

Hi Choc; If you were driving (I believe you're not) the best thing to do would be to leave your luggage at your hotel (is it the Bear?) however as said there seems to be nowhere now to leave luggage. There are numerous local buses to Woodstock (one Inspector Morse novel is "Last bus to Woodstock") so you could head there first then back to Oxford but not ideal. Taxi to Woodstock hotel; wait 5 mins and back again? Cost?

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
490 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage

This is not an ideal solution, but maybe consider changing your hotel from Woodstock to Oxford? Then do a day trip to Woodstock? For hotels in Oxford check out Oxford City Guide: www.oxfordcityguide.com

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage

The Oxford Backpackers on Hythe Bridge Street - 2 minutes walk from both train and coach station - offers a left luggage facility. It costs £2.50 per bag per day with no need to pre book.

Details are

Central Backpackers Oxford

13 Park End Street, Oxford

01865 242 288

www.centralbackpackers.co.uk

Mentioned in this post
Oxford Backpackers Hostel
Oxford Backpackers Hostel
252 Reviews
Oxford, UK
Hythe
Hythe
Kent, UK
Central Backpackers Oxford
Central Backpackers...
138 Reviews
Oxford, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage

Dukla: That's great news for many folk I guess. Also, find a niche market and you're on the way to being a millionaire; good luck to them!

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
342 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Left Luggage

Thanks so much to you all!

And Dukla, that is excellent information. I really appreciate that. It will save us lots of time. I figured by the time we waited for the bus and then took the bus to the hotel and checked in, got back on the bus to come back... Well, you get the picture. We have so much we want to see that I hate to spend time like that. I had thought about staying in Oxford instead but Feathers and The Bear seem very appealing (and less expensive than comparable Oxford hotels).

Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Left Luggage

Choco: Woodstock is a delightful little town/village. Do you realise that the entrance to Blenheim Palace is there? One of our most beautiful country houses in absolutely stunning grounds; the burthplace of Churchill. You must do a web search on Blenheim Palace.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Oxfordshire, UK
Blenheim Palace
Blenheim Palace
6,041 Reviews
Woodstock, UK
Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
342 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Left Luggage

Yes, this is the reason we aren't just doing a day trip to Oxford. I realised there wouldn't be enough time to see Oxford and Blenheim Palace in one day. And there was no way we could go as close as Oxford and not see it. I'm really looking foward to it. This will be my husband's first trip to Europe and I want him to see something amazing like this.

Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Blenheim Palace
Blenheim Palace
6,041 Reviews
Woodstock, UK
Europe
Europe
World
Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Left Luggage

A sneaky tip for you while in Woodstock: The grounds to Blenheim are stunning and you will probably be visiting the house and grounds anyway, but if you just fancy a walk around the grounds at any time, there is a public footpath which takes you into the grounds free of charge. Perfectly legitimate, but not well sign posted. From the centre of the town, walk along the main road in the direction of Evesham/Enstone/Chipping Norton (away from Oxford). This will take you past the Black Prince pub (featured in Inspector Morse) and the 'back gate' to Blenheim is a hundred yards or so, set back from the road, on the right hand side. Only a 5 minute walk from the centre.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Oxfordshire, UK
Evesham
Evesham
Worcestershire, UK
Chipping Norton
Chipping Norton
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
342 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Left Luggage

Wow! Thanks again Dukla. I am really in your debt for the great information you have shared with me.