We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford Rail Station and shopping

lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Oxford Rail Station and shopping

Hi

I'm in Oxford for a meeting tomorrow and wanted to bring my daughter to mooch around the shops whilst I'm there. How far walking wise are the main shops from the rail station?

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

About 10 minutes max

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

Hi

You could try Google maps + Streetview

lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

I could do...or I could post a question in a forum about Oxford and ask the experts!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

From memory if you turn right from the train station there's are few shops there. Turn left on the main road and the main shopping area is about 10mins away

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

Your daughter may enjoy mooching around Oxford's covered market - lots of jewellery and accessories there. In terms of chain shops, you are a little early since Oxford's Westgate Shopping Centre is being re-built but there are still some nice shops on the High Street and elsewhere. There are also some excellent free museums including the Weston Library Collection, the Ashmolean and the very quirky Pitt Rivers museum which contains curiosities such as shrunken heads and a witch in a bottle. Since it's supposed to be hot, she may also enjoy taking a picnic to Christchurch Meadow (or buying an ice cream there) and watching the boats go by.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

We are all assuming, by the way, that you are arriving at the rail station in the city centre and not Oxford Parkway station!!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,934 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

Yes, i think that 10-15 minutes walk from the city centre rail station will give your daughter all the shops she could hope for!

8. Re: Oxford Rail Station and shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2017, 13:18