We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

Hi,

Myself and my fiancé are wanting to go out this year for Christmas Day lunch, we have never eaten out on Christmas Day before, so we are wanting it to be a meal to remember. We'd ideally like to go to somewhere near to where we live in the Woodstock/Witney area. Does anyone have any recent recommendations for places to go??

Many thanks in advance.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

I have no idea whether these places will be open and serving Xmas day lunch, and obviously you'll need to book well in advance, but a few places are starting to take Xmas bookings now so you could enquire. The Bear in Woodstock itself is very nice. In Witney I'd try The Fleece or the Blue Boar. Alternatively, some friends of ours have a curry every Xmas day at the Raj on Witney High Street and it's apparently excellent.

United States
Level Contributor
20 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

Agree with beckysimms... There are certainly some lovely pubs in the area you mention - I recommend that you have a look on TripAdvisor and other websites and make a shortlist of the ones you really like. Perhaps pop in and see what they're like if you live nearby. Opening on Christmas Day is definitely a matter for the individual publican. There is no way of guessing which ones will be open all day, which will be open for a private function, which will be open for a half day, and which ones will be closed. Once you have your shortlist, I suggest calling up the pubs and asking them what the arrangement is for Christmas Day. It is certainly not a day when you want to be disappointed, so don't leave it to chance - and make a booking.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

And be prepared to pay premium prices....

4. Re: Christmas Day Lunch - Near Woodstock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2017, 12:19