We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
231 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

I am reaching Oxford on 17th September, Saturday at around 12 noon via the Airline bus from Heathrow. My accommodation is in Temple Cowley on Brasenose Drftway near Horspath road. I will have two big luggages of 23 KG each. If I get down at Headington Shops as it is nearer to my accommodation, can I get a big taxi (a 5 seater black cab probably to accommodate my luggage) fairly quickly from there if I call Royal cars from there? Or will it be safer to get down at Gloucester green as getting a big taxi from there will be easier even though it is a bit further from my destination?

Thanks for taking time to read this and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Himadri.

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
995 reviews
from US$81.80*
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,268 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
93 reviews
from US$169.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio and...
47 reviews
from US$139.60*
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

It will be a lot quicker to get a taxi to arrive in Headington rather than taking the bus into town and a taxi back out again as this will add about 25 mins to your total journey time. Why not call the taxi firm as you approach Oxford if you have a mobile phone?

By the way Stagecoach No 10 bus goes from Headington to the end of Brasenose Driftway as an alternative! Stop is called "Horspath Road Shops" time table here: https:/…10_current.pdf

Edited: 12 September 2016, 00:44
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
231 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

Thanks pcw12kcox. I checked their site. Seems like it's a big agency, so they should be able to arrange.

3. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2017, 13:18