We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
255 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

I am reaching Oxford on 17th September, Saturday at around 12 noon via the Airline bus from Heathrow. My accommodation is in Temple Cowley on Brasenose Drftway near Horspath road. I will have two big luggages of 23 KG each. If I get down at Headington Shops as it is nearer to my accommodation, can I get a big taxi (a 5 seater black cab probably to accommodate my luggage) fairly quickly from there if I call Royal cars from there? Or will it be safer to get down at Gloucester green as getting a big taxi from there will be easier even though it is a bit further from my destination?

Thanks for taking time to read this and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Himadri.

Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cotswolds, UK
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,078 Reviews
from US$78.20*
Special Offer
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,335 Reviews
from US$113.30*
US$125.90
Likely To Sell Out
Downton Abbey and Oxford Tour from...
310 Reviews
from US$157.40*
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

It will be a lot quicker to get a taxi to arrive in Headington rather than taking the bus into town and a taxi back out again as this will add about 25 mins to your total journey time. Why not call the taxi firm as you approach Oxford if you have a mobile phone?

By the way Stagecoach No 10 bus goes from Headington to the end of Brasenose Driftway as an alternative! Stop is called "Horspath Road Shops" time table here: https:/…10_current.pdf

Edited: 12 September 2016, 00:44
Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
255 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

Thanks pcw12kcox. I checked their site. Seems like it's a big agency, so they should be able to arrange.

3. Re: Coming from Heathrow to Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2017, 13:18