We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

BeanTown
Level Contributor
29 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Has any one used Celtic Horizons (taxie2flight) for an airport transfer? Are there any alternatives? Or is the express to Paddington Station and the train to Bath the best and most reliable way to get to Bath. We are in our late 60's and are on an overnight flight due to arrive at 7:20am. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Celtic Horizons
Celtic Horizons
98 Reviews
Bath, UK
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,610 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

The plan by KWUK is a sensible one.

BeanTown
Level Contributor
29 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

It is VIRGIN ATLANTIC#4012 , but is on Delta. Guess it is a co share.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,954 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Yes indeed, it's DL58 which is the early arrival from Boston in T3.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,877 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

If you do decide to go Heathrow to Bath the advantage of the coach is that they take you luggage from you and stow it. No lifting up onto trains and jostling. The coaches are very clean and seats are comfortable. I've done it straight from 9hr, 13hr and 17hr flights and with the exercise from plane to baggage to bus station and a coffee 'fresh' air and leg stretch its ok to sit on a coach and watch the countryside.

The National Express leaves from T2/3 bus station, easy to get to and on the level, which has a small cafe and toilets. There is a free bus that runs round the terminals. I saw it is still listed on the Heathrow website.

The luggage compartment on trains from Reading is often jam packed and no room for them by your seat. No room for my small case and I couldn't leave it unattended in the corridor as a safety hazzard so you're stuck with someone (me) standing up for the journey. I found this recently in both directions.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,369 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Just for info: walk-up single fares from Heathrow Airport to Bath, using RailAir coach to Reading and train to Bath:

Off-peak (coach departing between 07.40 and 09.20): £51.90

Super off-peak (coach departing between 09.40 and 15.35): £44.60

(The Anytime fare is £89.10)

These tickets can be bought at the National Express ticket counter in Central Bus Station and used for immediate travel.

BeanTown
Level Contributor
29 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Thanks, Wire wiper. Will hell with decision process.

17. Re: Heathrow to Bath on Tuesday, 2 May 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2018, 13:16