We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Nelson Street

N Ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Nelson Street

I will be visiting Bradford for the first time in early January to attend a 3 week course in Nelson Street. I am looking for a good hotel within reasonable walking distance of Nelson Street, preferably with a gym and close to restaurants for an evening meal. Is it a safe city to walk around at night? What is the best way to get from Leeds Bradford Airport to the hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Bradford
Bradford
West Yorkshire, UK
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Nelson Street

Hi

The Bradford Hotel (previously the Hilton) is 5 mins walk and the Premier Inn a little further. Also there is the Victoria which is possibly even closer as you can walk straight through the Bradford Interchange to get to Nelson St on the far side. Not sure how good the hotels are so worth checking reviews on TA - Midland Hotel also close.

Bradford is safe to wander round though parts of the city centre are fairly quiet - City Park is stunning at night. Lots of good curry houses on edge of city centre but other options are limited to a couple of Italian restaurants and chains. A thriving bar sector is emerging in North Parade at the northern end of the City Centre with the Sparrow, Als Dime Bar and The Record Cafe all good - the latter does platters of ham and Sparrow does good quality snack food. Again probably best to check restaurant reviews - my favourite curry places are International and Sheesh Mahal - City Vaults is good for cheap but homemade pub food

Getting to the city centre couldn't be easier 737 and 747 run from the front of the airport every 30 mins to the Interchange - they take a rather circuitous route with 747 being slightly quicker

While you are here make sure you get to see Saltaire World Heritage Site & the National Media Museum. The Industrial Museum, Cartwright Hall Art Gallery and Bolling HAll are also worth seeing if you get the chance

Any more queries let me know!

Mentioned in this post
The Bradford Hotel
The Bradford Hotel
347 Reviews
Bradford, UK
Midland Hotel
Midland Hotel
821 Reviews
Bradford, UK
Bradford
Bradford
West Yorkshire, UK
Bradford Industrial Museum
Bradford Industrial...
334 Reviews
Bradford, UK
Cartwright Hall
Cartwright Hall
139 Reviews
Bradford, UK
Bolling Hall
Bolling Hall
130 Reviews
Bradford, UK
Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Nelson Street

Jurys Inn is only a few minutes walk and has a gym.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Nelson Street

oh yes I forgot about that! Doh!

4. Re: Hotel near Nelson Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2016, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Bradford