We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen weekend in Leeds

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hen weekend in Leeds

I am organising my sisters' hen weekend and we are coming down to Leeds for the weekend. We are organising the weekend through a hen weekend company but I know that often means you get a really naff nightclub with the package and I would rather it wasn't wall to wall hen weekends. Any suggestions on clubs that would play a mixture of music - R&B, cheesy, pop - that might have a VIP area for us to make a fuss but that isn't too tacky ?!! Any help appreciated !!

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

am i right it'll be a saturday night?

i dont go there, as i go to a karaoke pub, but i drive past it every saturday night,

the area where tiger tiger/ bar risa/ evolution/ mcdonalds is...

i've often seen many hen parties and stag do overflowing the streets, its very safe, as there's many police patrolling that area, there's also a nightclub...cant think of the name, as i'm past that era now... its on the corner

depending where you stay, alot of hotels/ travel lodge are all in walking distance...if your aching dancing feet will take you at the end of the night

just had a look on google map for you...the area is albion street...many many bars there, and i do know tiger tiger has booths, although i dont know how big it is

good luck

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

Oceana is one of the main clubs in Leeds. If you visit their website you may be able to get access to a VIP area although i'm not sure how much it costs or what you get for your money. They play a mixture of music, there is a cheesy room with a multi-coloured dance floor, a dance music room and a couple of other rooms that play other stuff. Again, the website might have more info. If you are planning on dressing up I would at least get on the guest list, I havent been for a while but I know they used to be strict about big groups in fancy dress - although this was probably more of a problem for groups of guys.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

i went past oceana on monday night (16th jan) its changed its name!!!! (again!!!!)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

Really? Well in that case ignore my post, I haven't been for so long it might be completely different and rubbish now!

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

yeah...the week before it was still oceana!!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

Tiger Tiger can be good for hen dos.Upstairs bar is more recent music/pop and downstairs is cheesy. Guest list gives you free entry. What place are you getting witht he hen company?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

To start off with I would really recommend Massey's Booksellers, two doors up from the o2 Academy. It's never really packed, they do gorgeous cocktails and a great happy hour deal. There will be space for you all to sit around and have a few drinks before heading to a club. The music is a total mix of randomness too so it will suit a group.

I'd rather stab myself in the eye than go to Tiger Tiger or Oceana on a Saturday night but then I guess it's all a matter of taste!

8. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2012, 21:37
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

Oceana has changed but still there, woo woo's is down stairs and oceana upstairs! You should start on Greek street, then top revolution, always a good night out!

10. Re: Hen weekend in Leeds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2012, 22:01