We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

I'd like to have tea and cake sometime (with guests), but can't think of anywhere nice to go. Any suggestions?

I don't want to be in Windsor itself, but would like somewhere 'pretty' or 'old' or 'quaint'; not the likes of Starbucks (which I refuse to go to anyway) or M&S cafes. I've got the car so can travel, but would like to stay within the Windsor area if possible.

The likes of Great Fosters is too expensive, and I don't want the whole afternoon tea shebang. Just tea and cake or maybe a cream tea. G.F. have a 'minimum spend of £30' per person. Their prices have certainly increased over the years (grrrr. But it can still be my extra special place.)

In my head I'm thinking the choice may have to be Oakley Court (I *think* I don't have to have the whole afternoon tea; I'll give them a ring to see) or the Royal Farm Shop, or maybe Virginia Waters / Savill Gardens, but apart from the Oakley Court, they're not particularly ... inspiring.

But have I missed some little gem somewhere? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

Bump?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

Cliveden was my only other thought. But that's 37, unless there is something else besides "classic tea."

Pretty comes with a pricetag.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,558 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

Found this, has decent TA reviews,

http://langleyparktearooms.co.uk

Any use?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?

Funnily enough I was at Cliveden just last weekend - had never been there before. Lovely setting (cue 'fancy building it under the flightpath' comments ;-) )

EW - I may have to investigate that place. Looks like it might be a good place to take the dog! Thank you.

I think I may just go to Savill Gardens today if it's not raining.

Reply to: Tea and cake, not in Windsor itself, but nearby?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windsor