We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Legoland

Lagos
Level Contributor
184 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Legoland

I'll be taking my 10y.o daughter to Lego,and for the first time on July 18. We will be leaving from Reading. Please kindly help with the following information.

1. How long is ideal to spend at the park? This is because I prefer to buy train tickets in advance and need to know what time to book for return.

2. Which of the Windsor stations is more convenient? Central or riverside?

3. We'll be taking a bus from the station to the park. Please where do we get the bus and how much does it cost? How many minutes from the bus to the park itself please?

4. To visit the wet areas of the park for water slides, do I need to pay separately for that or is it included in my tickets?

5. I have read food is very expensive there. Will I be allowed to go in with my own food and drinks?

6. Will my daughter be mandated to wear a swimming cap before going on the wet rides?

Thanks so much for your help.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,000 reviews
from US$82.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
100 reviews
from US$170.50*
3 replies to this topic
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,328 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Legoland

1. How long is ideal to spend at the park? This is because I prefer to buy train tickets in advance and need to know what time to book for return.>>depends on your kid. There is no real need to purchase an advance ticket. It is £9.90 at 9:05, and £10.90 earlier.

2. Which of the Windsor stations is more convenient? Central or riverside? From Reading you will arrive at Windsor Central. You could arrive in Riverside, but you'd need to take a fairly convoluted route, and spend more time on the train.

3. We'll be taking a bus from the station to the park. Please where do we get the bus and how much does it cost? How many minutes from the bus to the park itself please? Bus picks up from the center of town. https:/…park_and_ride

4. To visit the wet areas of the park for water slides, do I need to pay separately for that or is it included in my tickets?

For your other questions, please visit the Legoland Windsor website.

5. I have read food is very expensive there. Will I be allowed to go in with my own food and drinks?

6. Will my daughter be mandated to wear a swimming cap before going on the wet rides?

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Legoland

1. ....... time to book for return.>

Just to clarify, you will have a train ticket which allows you to use any train (for the return). There is no reservation system on this service.

Lagos
Level Contributor
184 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Legoland

Thank you LauraRE and Penmere.

Reply to: Question about Legoland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted