We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing hours

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
Closing hours

Coming over for the rugby this weekend and we have no accomadation 6 people, due to the golf and the rugby being on at the same time. So we are looking just to stay out on till the 7;30 ferry in the morning so we need the latest opening pub or disco to spend our time in. Thanks in advance

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Closing hours

Thompsons Garage is the latest opening club and it's only open til 3am:

https://www.facebook.com/clubthompsons/info…

Stena Line probably won't let you through check-in at the ferry terminal until around 6.00am but there are a few rows of seats in a waiting area just inside the main doors near the Travel Centre, and a vending machine or two, if worst comes to worst. If you could fit a sleeping bag or a blanket each in your luggage you might be able to make yourselves comfortable there for a few hours. It looks like this:

http://bit.ly/1F9FOO5

Edited: 25 May 2015, 03:04
Ayrshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Closing hours

Thanks for that, they seats look lovely and comfy!!! 6 rugy supporters the wrong side of 40, might not be the cliental Thompsons garage are used to, but we'll give it a go.

Belfast
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Closing hours

Firstly please be aware there are still rooms for next weekend. The premier inn cathedral quarter for example has rooms for £100.

I`m long since past all night clubbing but shocked to it can`t even be done anymore in Belfast. I think of many a misspent night at Space, Chicago Pizza Pie factory, Network, Yello etc There was always somewhere open to 7.

Another suggestion I would try is to try and blag your way into a hotel residents bar. if you have mates booked in somewhere it will be easier. The residents bar in the Europa for example is huge and busy all night. (well whenever i snuck in a few years ago it was.) You`d probably feel more comfortable there than thompsons!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Closing hours

I can't see any availability in the Premier Inn at all, or anywhere else in Belfast for that matter - not even hostels :-/ You could try chancing your arm with a residents bar but if all the rooms are booked the bar might already be busy enough so they might not be letting anyone else in.

Belfast
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Closing hours

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186470-Belfast_Nor…

Searching this site seems to suggest Premier Inn still there. I had friends book it yesterday.

Edited: 27 May 2015, 05:09
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Closing hours

Yeah but when you click "View Deal", it takes you to the Premier Inn website, which shows no availability. Maybe your friends were lucky.

Belfast
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Closing hours

Must have got one of the last rooms. About half a dozen hotels were showing when i posted that above.

An army of about 10k Munster fans put paid to that.

Ramada now there at £500 for those with a big wallet!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Closing hours

Time to put my spare room up for rent on another website that we wouldn't be allowed to mention here then. ;-)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Closing hours

theres a bar on the ormeau road (next street over from ravenhill) that has rooms above it that never seems advertised? its called the parador could be worth trying?

wish I wasn't away on holidays as I live very close to it too & wouldve loved a group of burly rugby men coming to stay haha

10. Re: Closing hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2016, 12:16