We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derry to Portstewart

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Derry to Portstewart

Can anyone please tell me the cheapest public transport to get me from Derry airport/Derry city centre to Portstewart. Also wondering if it's worth me booking transport in advance or it's easy to just catch a bus or train at the time?

Cheers guys.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Derry to Portstewart

The Derry folks can maybe help out a bit more here, but according to Translink's website, the easiest way is to get a number 234 bus from the "Airport roundabout" (apparently 5 mins walk from the terminal) to Coleraine and then change there to a number 140 bus to Portstewart.

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
745 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Derry to Portstewart

You could also travel by train from the train station in Derry to Coleraine, then bus it to Portstewart.

I'm not sure about the fares for either, have a look on the site.

Hopefully Ponaire might see this and respond, I think Portstewart is her home town.

https:/…

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Derry to Portstewart

Good plan, but that would involve bus (or taxi) from the airport back into Derry, then change to the train, then change again at Coleraine.

Assuming the bus timings are suitable, it's probably marginally less hassle than getting the train. And slightly cheaper.

4. Re: Derry to Portstewart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Derry
Recent Conversations