We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Omagh ancestors

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Omagh ancestors

Will be driving to Omagh from Dublin for the day in March (we are from the US). We will visit Ulster American folk park and hope to do some geneology research. Is there a place that might have records prior to 1820? Also, does anyone out there know of any Stinsons or McCaulley's still in the area? Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Omagh ancestors

you could have a look on here

www.curiousfox.com/history_Ire/tyrone_4.html

ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Omagh ancestors

hi

i remember a Jim Stinson who arrived in strabane co tyrone many years ago from the US,He was a god basket ball player, his height would have helped, jim was around 6ft 5inches i believe he married a girl from Sion Mills County Tyrone. her surname was Arnold.

to the best of my knowledge he moved abroad many years ago maybe to California US. He made great friends with George & Margaret Hunter Urney Road, Strabane.

regarding mc caulley, you will find many mc cauleys in the tyrone area, different spelling with one L

good time to vist ,you will get good value for your $

enjoy your visit

eugene

ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Omagh ancestors

hi

i remember a Jim Stinson who arrived in strabane co tyrone many years ago from the US,He was a good basket ball player, his height would have helped, jim was around 6ft 5inches i believe he married a girl from Sion Mills County Tyrone. her surname was Arnold.

to the best of my knowledge he moved abroad many years ago maybe to California US. He made great friends with George & Margaret Hunter Urney Road, Strabane.

regarding mc caulley, you will find many mc cauleys in the tyrone area, different spelling with one L

good time to vist ,you will get good value for your $

enjoy your visit

eugene

ps i meant good not god

4. Re: Looking for Omagh ancestors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Omagh