We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sion Mills NI

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sion Mills NI

I am looking for relatives from this town. My great grandfather, James Quigley lived here back in the 1860's before emigrating to the US. Also had relatives with the last name of Duddy and I believe they lived on Albert Place in Sion Mills. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that remembers those names. I will be there in October and hope to find some traces of them. Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sion Mills NI

dublin to sion mills will take you 3-4 hours drive. Sion mills is a very small village, in which everyone knows everyone !! would be worth googling local community workers & contacting them to see what info you can find out about your ancestors - they might be willing to meet with you when you get to sion. nearby town strabane has a historical society that you could contact for info.

see and walk across the "swinging bridge" when in sion ... most well known landmark in sion as well as herdman's mill (now closed)

sion to sligo will take you 2 hours (or just less than this).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sion Mills NI

Thank you for your response. Just got back from a lovely visit to Ireland. Unfortunately due to an airline issue, we lost a day and were unable to get to Sion Mills after all. Sorry if my note offended you.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Franklin, New York
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Sion Mills NI

This is a comment and reply to an old post from 2012. I am looking for any descendants of the Duddy's who lived on 25 Albert Place, Sion Mills. I'm aware that James Duddy married Margaret Quigley in 1919 and they had 4 children--James Francis, Catherine Philomena, Gerald, and Patrick Joseph. I'm trying to trace my 2nd great grandfather, James Quigley, who was related to the Duddy's. If anyone knows of any descendants of the Duddy's or Quigley's, please send me a private message. Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Sion Mills NI

you need to message me ASAP < I KNOW THEM trifox33@aol.com

Reply to: Sion Mills NI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Omagh