We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

Tehachapi, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

I'm researching my Devlin family ancestor, who was born at Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley in 1826. I'm hoping to ascertain the location, as I will be in Northern Ireland near County Tyrone this September. Does anyone out there have knowledge about this?

northern ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

hi

i live not far from ballygawley, i will try and access some information for you , will get back as soon as possible.

take care milliesgirl

northern ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

back again

im still trying to locate the info the meantime i suggest you email www.irish-world.com they are based at coalisland which is not far from ballygawley they are excellent and a good choice for anyone hoping to get info on relitives from tyrone area.

good luck with search

Tehachapi, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

Hi--I tried Irishworld a few weeks ago, but have gotten no response from them. Thanks for your help!

janedevlin

northern ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

hi

i hope you get this post, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but i wanted to try and get some info before i replied again,anyway finding any information on tullyglush house has proved more difficult than i thought, so today i contacted a friend who lives in the ballygawley area, she knows the area around greenhill road well but could not place tullyglush house so she has very kindly offered to contact a local historian in the area, however could you let me know your ancestors religion as this will help the historian with parish records.

My friend has also offered to help you with directions for the area if needed she has helped a canadian family in the past.

hope this will be of some help.

milliesgirl.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tullyglush House, Greenhill, Ballygawley

Hello,

I am not sure if you are still looking for information on Tullyglush House, however i took a phonecall from a friend last night,who had been speaking to a local historian and he was able to give her this info:

Tullyglush House is situated beside Ballymacilroy chapel, travelling towards Omagh from Ballygawley on the main road, turn right at Glencull school, the Chapel is not far from the school, the land to build the Chapel and adjoining graveyard was donated to the church by a Mr Edward Devlin who resided in the house.

It may be of interest for you to know, that, a local lady has written a book to be launced in October of this year, she has written a full chapter on the Devlin family!!!.

Apparently there are some Devlins still living in the area.

I hope this has helped.

Good luck:)

Get answers to your questions about Omagh