We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Folk Park

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
American Folk Park

Anyone ever been? Could you spend a full day there, would there be enough to entertain a 5 year old little girl for the day? Can you bring a picnic or are there eateries on site? Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: American Folk Park

One of my favourite places. Not as big as the Ulster-American and maybe not quite as child friendly but does have some animals & staff are great with kids. I think a lot of slightly older kids go there with schools There is a café on site. Personally I prefer it to the UFTM but I think that is just a personal choice.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: American Folk Park

"Not as big as the Ulster-American"

Confused. Surely there is only one folk park in Omagh "The Ulster American Folk Park". Unless I am mistake the only other park the Ulster History Park remains closed.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: American Folk Park

Oops typo - not as big as the Ulster Folk & Transport museum!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: American Folk Park

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond folks I appreciate that.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: American Folk Park

We went to the Folk Museum nearly 20 years ago now. We had our 4 children, 2 years to 9 years old and their 2 cousins. I googled the museum just now and it looks like there is much more there now. However, we all loved it. We strolled along the country paths and into all the little cottages, fed horses and watched the pigs. if it is the same place, it is delightful and well worth a family trip.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: American Folk Park

Thanks for thatm it's one thing to look at a brochure ir a website but I much prefer people's first hand experience that's why this type of website is great especially if you're looking to entertain young children.

Reply to: American Folk Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Omagh