We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Gateside, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

My daughter is 16 in March and desperately wants to party in Glasgow with her mates. All the threads seem a bit different old. Can anyone advise where is good? Many thanks kat x

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
19 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Trash/Shack/Archaos, all long gone, consigned to History!

Cathouse and Sub Club did "Unders" on a Saturday night 7-10pm but to be honest I haven't seen them for a good couple of years now!

Arches again used too but they were shut down completely due to Drug related problems!

Have you thought of Hiring the Bonkers Bus from Clydevalley Limos?

Mentioned in this post
Sub Club
Sub Club
36 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

John, unfortunately that list seems to be ancient!

The only place I can think of having an "unders" would be the Cathouse and that is very rock orientated so if that isn't their thing then it's not worth going (you can see all the Emos and Goths queing usually on a Saturday). The Garage may do an unders but I'm not sure.

FYI MS, the Arches was actually one of the safest clubs in Scotland when it came to drug problems, they even had their own onsite medical team, however the Council seemed to close it for other reasons. Maybe the land was worth too much around the venue. See Fabric in London.

Mentioned in this post
The Garage
The Garage
134 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
London
London
England, UK
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Fact is Stu a 17 year old Girl O'D'd and Died in the Arches on a Normal Night!

Which begs the question why she was allowed in in the first place and poor Security that allowed illegal substances in!

I think Club owners have wisened up to the fact that it's simply not worth the hassle to have "underage" nights and that's why the OP will struggle!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

If you think that there isn't underage attendees or drugs in nightclubs then you are being naïve. For a venue of its size, the safety record was actually really, really good. It was a massive blow to the Glasgow Arts and Music scene when that venue closed.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

I agree Stu that people trying to get in to places who are under age does and will keep happening!

Just saying that Club owners are not going to risk their main stream of income to accommodate a smaller stream of income that they would obtain from running Teen nights!

Also Stu I know what goes on re Drugs, but it never fails to amaze me what I hear in the back of the Cab after nights out,the biggest shock to me is the clear use of Drugs by young Woman!

Edited: 18 September 2017, 20:05
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

"Which begs the question why she was allowed in in the first place and poor Security that allowed illegal substances in!"

The Arches was recognised, by the police, as having excellent security and drug screening. There was no evidence that the young person who died took the drugs in the Arches. She may have taken the drug long before getting there.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Print, she was 17, this was a normal Club night, her AGE should have precluded her from entry in the first place!

Meaning she possessed fake ID or Security was lax.

Also it was the Police who pressed the Council to revoke the License, there was in instance whereby 26 arrests for Drink/Drug related offences in or around the Club were made in one night!

Edited: 18 September 2017, 20:43
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Sub club still do under 18s and I'm pretty sure Victoria's still do them as well.

Irvine, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience

Club Tropicana just around from central station does under 18s gigs there’s one on 28th Dec the kids get brethalized at the door before entry and police regularly attend my daughter is 14 and has been a few times now and loves it, it’s Dj Erfone who’s doing this one and he’s only like 16 himself but the kids seem to love it. Skiddle sells the tickets it’ll be called wonderland or something like that.

Reply to: Under 18s nightclubs/ party experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted