We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student Accommodation in Glasgow

1 post
Save Topic
Student Accommodation in Glasgow

Hello!

I'll be pursuing a Master's degree at the University of Glasgow starting September 2018, and currently I'm trying to find a place to live. All of the University managed housing has terrible reviews and from what I understand, you're given housing through a type of lottery system where your first choice of accommodation may not be the one you receive. Therefore, I've been looking at other housing options such as places managed by Derwent Students and Fresh Student Living. Are there any Uni of Glasgow graduates/current students/locals on here that could give me advice as to which place/apartment complex would be best for me to live? Where did YOU live when going to Uni? I would prefer to live with other Americans, Brits, Canadians, or other English-speaking people in general as I've had a bad experience studying abroad in the past where I was placed with limited-English speaking students and felt very isolated.

Any help you could give me is super helpful!! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
1,708 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Student Accommodation in Glasgow

Lots of private options in the west end, don’t restrict yourself to student accommodation

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,014 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student Accommodation in Glasgow

Hi Katy,

As your question is not travel related it is likely to be closed down.

Before this happens can I suggest you contact the Glasgow Students Union. They my well be able to advise you.

https:/…

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Student Accommodation in Glasgow

thestudentroom website worth looking at