We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term parking at Cork Airport

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Long term parking at Cork Airport

I recently used CAPS airport parking, which offers good rates and is located in the airport complex. An efficient courtesy car service takes you to and from the terminal. But here's a strange thing. I filled up my RangeRover Evoque with a tank full of diesel before driving the 70 miles to the airport. A full tank gives me 450 miles of driving but when I returned to pick up the car there were only 250 miles worth of petrol left in the tank and the seat position had been adjusted for a very short person. I rang the CAPS office to tell them about this but was told flatly that there was no way anyone would have driven my car. Maybe so but I was sufficiently spooked that I won't be using CAPS again. Can anyone recommend another long term parking company at Cork airport?

4 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,568 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long term parking at Cork Airport

Local Story with that company is that they move long or even medium term cars to another location (so that they can free up spaces in the car park near the airport). Now this is not confirmed but that's what I heard and now your feedback seems to make sense of it, however it does seem that if they did move your car that it could also have been "overused" rather than just "relocated"

Seems to me like a very stupid and dangerous activity. What if they had an accident in doing this.

You did not say if you left your keys with CAPS, but I have to presume that you did.

Would you consider using the long term parking at the airport complex?

Edited: 12 August 2017, 23:09
Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long term parking at Cork Airport

Thanks for passing on this information. It is fascinating and could be a partial explanation. It still doesn't explain the 100+ miles that were used up in my absence. I have my suspicions but as they can't be proven and the CAPS company disclaims all knowledge, the best I can do is to alert other Trip Advisor readers of my experience.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long term parking at Cork Airport

If you book the regular airport parking online in advance, it can be as cheap as €5 per day and the car parks are within walking distance of the terminal.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long term parking at Cork Airport

That is what I will do in future. It was a false economy using CAPS.

Reply to: Long term parking at Cork Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations