We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel within City...Local bus service

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Travel within City...Local bus service

I've been looking at the Bus Eireann website and I can't find the info I am looking for so perhaps someone can help please. I am looking for timetables and fares as follows.....

Bus Station (Parnell Place) to Togher ( Clashduv) ( number of bus and fare)

Togher ( Clashduv ) to UCC (number of bus and fare)

UCC to Bus Station (number of bus and fare)

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel within City...Local bus service

The bus fares will all be €2.20 cash or €1.61 on a Leap Card. There's also a 24 hour ticket for €5.40, but you have to have a Leap Card to get it, so you would need to be making 4 journeys for it to be worthwhile.

Bus Station to Clashduv: It depends where on Clashduv Rd. On the northern end, the 216 gets you closest, while on the southern end it's the 214. However, the 214 leaves from Merchant's Quay, which is 2 minutes walk from the bus station, while you have to get to Grand Parade (10 mins) for the 216, so you may be best off just getting the 214 and doing your walking at your destination.

Clashduv to UCC: I would walk this. It's a 15-20 minute walk depending on your starting point and no bus going from that area gets you closer than 7-8 minutes walk from UCC.

UCC to Bus Station: From the Western Rd entrance, the 208 will take you to Patrick St or the 220/220X will take you to South Mall. Both are 3-4 minute walks from the bus station. From the College Rd side, the 205 will take you to Patrick St. Services are more frequent on Western Rd (9ph) than College Rd (4ph), but College Rd is closer to most of the core of the UCC campus.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel within City...Local bus service

Thank you for the info, it is most helpful

Reply to: Travel within City...Local bus service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations