We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)

Belfast
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)

So my days of travelling around the world are well and truly on hold for the next 18 years. I dont mind, i have had a great run and the thought of putting my little one on an airbus just doesn't appeal to me.

So i have managed to save up some leave from work to book a week off and do a little road trip down the East Coast of Ireland.

We are staying in an apartment at the Quality Hotel on Yoghill as a base for 3 nights whilst in cork. Now we are fully 100% aware that its gonna rain next week, and a softball play area will be hit every day, but we felt the hotel has a decent kids area and can be used as a base.

I am happy if the 2 year old is happy, so folks please please please give me some ideas to entertain around East Cork/Cork for 3 days, recommendations etc. The aim is to keep her entertained and nothing else!!

thanks

3 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)

The two main things I'd see for kids in the area are Fota Wildlife Park and Leahy's Open Farm. They are both substantially outdoor though. You'd be OK on a showery day, but not if it's solid rain.

A lot of the things that may be fine for older kids (Cork Harbour Boat Hire or Perks Amusements) won't really work for a 2 year old unfortunately.

A day pass for Trabolgan could be something else to consider.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)

Just one thing...

I'm assuming you mean the Quality Hotel in Youghal.

There's a village in West Cork called Aghayohil. There's no Quality Hotel there, but it is only about 10km from the Quality Hotel in Clonakilty.

Belfast
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)

Haha, sorry yeah Youghal

Thanks for those ideas, sounds exactly what we need.

Reply to: West cork midweek-break with a 2 year old (NEXT WEEK)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations