We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

County Cork for 3 Nights in November

Boston...
7 posts
Save Topic
County Cork for 3 Nights in November

Advice needed! I'm going with my parents and husband to Ireland for just 3 nights (got a great deal on airfare). We were in Ireland last summer but never got to explore around Cork. Any tips on where we should stay ? We will be renting a car and looking for a laid back trip and not go too overboard with the sightseeing as we only have a few days. Any recommendations for a good village or city with some lively pubs not too far from the Cork Airport? Was thinking Killarney, Cobh or Kinsale? Not sure if these places could be too sleepy to spend 4 days? Will there be enough to do?

7 replies to this topic
County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

Personally I would stay in Cork city if you are only staying for 3 nights. It's a small walkable city with a population of only 186k. There's plenty to do and it's easy to do day trips to Kinsale or Cobh by train/bus. In fact you wouldn't need to rent a car at all.

As nice as Kinsale and Cobh are, I wouldn't spend 4 days in either.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

Great advice from generator 5000. I would recommend the same. Cork city has lots to offer and Cobh and Kinsale are on your doorstep

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

Perfect! Thank you, we will go with Cork City, If anyone has any recommendations for lodging within walking distance from local pubs (a bar in the lobby would be a bonus) I would greatly appreciate it.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,650 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

The Imperial Hotel is very central and has a bar plus a hop over from the Main Street , Patrick Street.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

In Cork, this is my hotel of choice.

www.themetropolehotel.ie/

New Mexico
Level Contributor
10,247 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

A nice place for lunch, about an hour+ drive.

http://www.inchydoneyisland.com

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,349 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: County Cork for 3 Nights in November

And this one's a short drive away in Kinsale.

www.maxs.ie/

Reply to: County Cork for 3 Nights in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted