We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
483 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween in Dublin, 2013

We'll be in town over Halloween and were wondering if there were any organized events, activities, or pubs you'd recommend. I have been trying to find information about the Samhain Parade this year - start/end points, time, etc. We visited Dublin over Halloween once before but stayed put at one pub all night and I'm sure we missed some fun elsewhere in the city. Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

Not sure what is going on in Dublin, but if you are prepared to travel 50 miles to Virginia in Co. Cavan there is the annual Halloween Pumpkin Festival with lots of things going on over the holiday weekend: www.pumpkinfestival.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,570 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

Hi max paste

Sorry I've never seen a Halloween Parade in the city centre but then my recent Halloweens have all been spent trick or treating in the suburbs with a gang of little monsters :-)

There does seem to be a lot of special walking tours and events on around the weekend though. Have a look here for some ideas visitdublin.com/events/…all

Canberra
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

I'm really surprised by all the Halloween posts.

We really don't celebrate Halloween in Australia and I had always presumed (incorrectly) it was just an American thing.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

All the dressing up/"trick or treating" etc. is American but has made its way around most of the world. However Halloween has its roots in an ancient Celtic celebration known as Samhain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain

ireland
Level Contributor
314 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

Derry is the place for Halloween celebration. Dublin really don't do anything for it unless pubs and hotels organise something. Virginia in co Cavan do something but never been to it

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,061 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

haloween is on a Thursday night, so there will not be anything going on apart from kids touring housing estates and a few (banned) fireworks.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

Seajac is spot on Derry is the place to be at Halloween and its the city of culture.

cityofculture2013.com/event/…

8. Re: Halloween in Dublin, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 13:21