We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

Durham
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

overnight stay at the aurora hotel,flying from gatwick anything of interest near to hotel to spend an evening?

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

You are very near to Crawley town centre. If you walk into the old town there are lots of restaurants and bars.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

..most of which are rather disappointing. The shopping is good in Crawley these days, but the pubs are as rubbish as ever.

Zari is an excellent curry house.

If you don't mind jumping in a taxi, there's some excellent, friendly real ale pubs within a 10 miles radius that do good food too. PM me for details if you're interested.

Mike

Durham
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

thank you very much for replies, love real ale but prefer to stay local, sure we"ll find something. thanks again guys

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

As a Crawley resident myself up until a couple of months ago, I largely agree with argyle_mikey (though personally I find Zari very overrated).

If you want to stay in the town then your best bet for real ale is The White Hart in the High Street. The Olde Punch Bowl is getting better, and occassionally a good pint is served in there too. Avoid The Railway, The Jubilee Oak and The Brewery Shades at all costs. And all the others really apart from the 2 mentioned.

Depending on the night out your looking for, it really could be worth hopping in a cab and going somewhere like The Hillside. Good food and drink there. If its curry you want, my suggestion is Cinnamon in Tilgate or The Shimla in West Green (next to the Apple Tree pub - don't bother going in there).

If you really want the town centre for food, there is a multitude of average Italian, Indian, American and Chinese venues that will hit the spot if your expectations aren't too high.

5. Re: good pubs, restaurant,.near aurora hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:42
Get answers to your questions about Crawley