We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Crawley

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Crawley

Hi, I see that you can get the train to Crawley in just a few minutes so was wondering if is possible to have just an afternoon shopping in Crawley ? I am coming back from holiday and wiring for my next flight so time is at a premium, I don't want to leave my small case in deft luggage so thought I would take it with me. It's only a small case the next size up from cabin baggage size.

But do the shops allow you in if you have a case in tow??

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Firstly, County Mall is almost next to the railway station and is excellent - all the shops you'll need.

As for luggage, just think of it as a larger version of an old person's shopping trolley ! Goes without saying, but keep a hand on it at all times to keep any security guards happy.

Mike

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Thanks mike. I will shop with my granny trolley whoops I mean suitcase with pride!!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

You quite often see people dragging cases around the town centre (due to it being near the airport, probably) so this won't be a problem.

You'll probably find most of what you want in County Mall, but its worth venturing into Queens Square and Queensway too, which are both only a minute away.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Thanks , just hope my flight arrives on time!!!

5. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Crawley