We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Crawley

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Crawley

Hi, I see that you can get the train to Crawley in just a few minutes so was wondering if is possible to have just an afternoon shopping in Crawley ? I am coming back from holiday and wiring for my next flight so time is at a premium, I don't want to leave my small case in deft luggage so thought I would take it with me. It's only a small case the next size up from cabin baggage size.

But do the shops allow you in if you have a case in tow??

Mentioned in this post
Crawley
Crawley
West Sussex, UK
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Firstly, County Mall is almost next to the railway station and is excellent - all the shops you'll need.

As for luggage, just think of it as a larger version of an old person's shopping trolley ! Goes without saying, but keep a hand on it at all times to keep any security guards happy.

Mike

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Thanks mike. I will shop with my granny trolley whoops I mean suitcase with pride!!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

You quite often see people dragging cases around the town centre (due to it being near the airport, probably) so this won't be a problem.

You'll probably find most of what you want in County Mall, but its worth venturing into Queens Square and Queensway too, which are both only a minute away.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Thanks , just hope my flight arrives on time!!!

5. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Crawley