We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Hull

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick to Hull

I arrive at Gatwick at 2 o clock in the afternoon July 17th and wanting to get to Hull the same day national buses leave in the morning can anyone tell me the best way to do this thanks les

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,954 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Hull

What about by train? See nationalrail.co.UK

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to Hull

Train to St Pancras, walk next door to Kings Cross, train to Hull - some are direct, others require a change at - typically - Doncaster

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,906 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Hull

Gatwick isn't the best arrival airport for Hull, Manchester would have been better. Or Robin Hood Airport (Doncaster/Sheffield), although that has a limited number of routes.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to Hull

Gatwick to Hull by public transport is not easy or cheap if you cannot use the National Express Coach. Yes I agree with the others that the train is your best option now. Two train companies serve Hull from King Cross. Hull Train and East Coast Trains. Around ten or more trains a day serve that route. With dozens more heading up to Scotland just change at Doncaster for Hull.

Our Daughter does a lot of flying and she always flies BA to LHR then a internal to MAN or LBA, it's a lot easier to get to Hull from those airports.

Just a thought. If there's a few of you travelling how about a taxi from Hull (private hire) to pick you up? It could work out about the same as the walk up price for the train. 706 cars from Hull is £215 from Gatwick to Hull. I use them a lot and are very reliable the # 01482 706706.

I do not work for them or know anybody who does, I just use them.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,077 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick to Hull

It's an easy enough trip to make by train, with services running the second leg of the trip at least hourly - some direct and others with an additional change at Doncaster. So - as above - Train Gatwick > St Pancras (runs every 15 minutes); cross the street to Kings Cross and train(s) to Hull. You will be able to buy a through fare for this journey.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick to Hull

You can buy a through ticket but it will be cheaper to buy separate tickets from Gatwick to St Pancras and Kings Cross to Hull. Gatwick to St Pancras is £10 and Kings Cross to Hull starts from £12/£12.50 but you'd probably have to wait till the 8pm train for that fare. The cheap tickets for Kings Cross to Hull on 17 July should be released tomorrow.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick to Hull

If your thinking of booking a cheap advance train ticket from Kings Cross to Hull, I would allow a few hours leeway just in case the plane is delayed. When booking cheap train ticket you must state what time you are travelling and you can only travel on the stated train, unless you buy a flexi time type ticket.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick to Hull

Thanks for all the replies I managed to get a train booked from Kings Cross after 3pm for jst under 13 pounds..thanks les

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,064 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick to Hull

I hope it's quite a long time after 3pm if you aren't due to land at Gatwick until 2!!

10. Re: Gatwick to Hull

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Crawley