We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

brooklyn, ny
2 posts
Save Topic
Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

Hey--

My friend and I are looking for a good source to rent an apartment from for a week. We are hoping to find one in le Marais (3e/4e). Can anyone tell me of good/bad experiences with companies that do this? Or can you offer any sources? We're hoping to spend around 500 euros...

Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
601 Reviews
from US$74.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
661 Reviews
from US$48.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,250 Reviews
from US$103.50*
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
192 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

We stayed with www.perfectlyparis.com in Feb. had a great experience in La Belle Epoque. For the price you are looking for try looking on www.craigslist.com under Paris, housing, vacation rentals. Or www.vrbo.com where there are lots of apartments in different price levels.

Mentioned in this post
La Belle Epoque
La Belle Epoque
248 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

I am currently booking with <<http://www.apartexchange.com/Paris/paris_apts.php?referenceno=3005>>

who have been good so far..... though I haven't yet seen the apartment in the flesh. They seem pretty professional and have a good website and some affordable options in your price range.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Fairfax. CA.
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

I am staying in a great one right NOW! I'm in the 3e...right near the Republique metro station. Very convenient. I found it on VRBO. It is #33312. Just picked up a great baguette sandwich before I head off to the Louvre.

Au revoir,

KelBel

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
303 Reviews
Paris, France
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

FYI, stay away from a company called Yourstay.com - see the London forum and search for the thread on this company - also see the website www.notyourstay.0catch.com for information. When booking an apartment, be sure that you have a fair cancellation policy, that you don't have to pay everything upfront, and you check out several websites for reviews, pictures, etc.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

I would definitly second avoiding Your Stay for Paris apartment rentals. We used them for an apartment in the Marais in May of last year.

I would not bore you with the long sorry tale, but it was chaotic from beginning to end - we even had to move apartments for the last night, and we were only there 3 nights - if we didn't speak French heaven knows how we would have managed. We not fussy people and we are well travelled but this really was a mess. A family of 4 cannot live without a working toilet and bathroom and zero electricity!!!!!! Although the lack of power was a blessing with all the bare wires hanging down from the lighting fittings!

I would agree that the Marais is the place to stay though.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short-term apartment rentals in Paris

Look at craigslist.org

Go to the Europe/France/Paris locality and check under housing. Lots of good possibilities.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Europe
Hotel Europe
203 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France