We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I do Paris for New Year?

Cardiff
3 posts
Save Topic
Should I do Paris for New Year?

My 18th birthday is on New year's Eve (I'm not sure if it's such a good thing any more...) I really don't want to stay in the UK for it and was thinking about Paris...cc

I would be going with my boyfriend, we're not like stereotypical 18 yr olds, we don't go clubbing etc but we're not boring, we drink and like a bit of a party, just not into the whole, wear as least clothes as possible and drink as much as possible thing.

I've done some research and heard Paris was good for New Years Eve, I just want to go somewhere for a nice meal and then to a few bars and watch the fireworks.

Is Paris the right place?

The budget isn't clear at the moment but put it this way, we're both students with bar work jobs, but it's my 18th so I'll get some cash for spending money

how much is food and drink etc and do you know of any hotels (around 3 star) that are within walking distance of the eiffel tour and the usual celebrating spots (I assume the trains will be packed and I want a romantic/playful trip, not a stressful one)

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Laura

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
1. Re: Should I do Paris for New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 07:21