We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I order the combo package from Paris Conciergerie?

Little Elm, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Should I order the combo package from Paris Conciergerie?

Trip Advisor has a page that tells you what you need to do before you go to Paris, and I am going March 22 to March 28 (those are the days I will actually be in Paris).

Should I buy the combo package that includes public transportation and museum passes? I think my friend and I will spend the most of the trip within the city of Paris, but we will go to Versailles one day.

Thank you for any advice you can give me! Also, if you think of some tips for what you should do before the trip or what I should take with me, please feel free to share.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I order the combo package from Paris Conciergerie?

Frankly, you should do some more research.

You can easily purchase museum and transit passes once in Paris.

You could consider the Paris ComboPass, but it's just not a good deal versus a Navigo Decouverte for Monday-Sunday plus a 6-day museum pass.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
121 Reviews
Paris, France
Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I order the combo package from Paris Conciergerie?

I'm with djk on this that more research may be in order.

As an example, you will be arriving on a Monday. The cheapest travel option would be a Navigo Decouverte for €16,80 for Paris only (Zone 1+2) + €5 for the card and a separate ticket with return for Versailles, unless you plan to use the train to and from the airport. At that point, €33 for Paris out to Airports CDG/ORY (up to Zone 5) + €5 will cover your trip to Versailles (zone 4) and both airport trips. A one way train ticket from CDG to Paris is €8,40 for full fare adult. You’ll need a smaller than passport size photo to be used on the pass - exact Navigo Decouverte photo size is 3cm tall x 2.5cm wide. My sister used a color copier to copy her passport forher trip at a local office supply and the clerk used a table to reduce an extra copy of the photo to the required size on some good paper (not photo paper), which was cut out and accepted with no problems for this pass. Many have also said photo booths are available in the airport near the sales point for these passes, but my sister said it was a good deal more expensive than the thirty-four cents she gave for the color copy.

I do recommend a Carte du Musee. There is always some argument because not every top tourist location is covered by these passes, so depending on your choices it may be cheaper to buy individual tickets, but your stay is short and in a somewhat busy time period. Even if you pay a euro or two more, it will also save you some ticket lines. Another plus if you are a first time diy tripper, you can take the list of covered museums and monuments as a fair listing of some popular places to visit and so help your planning.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Orly Field
Orly Field
Orly, France
3. Re: Should I order the combo package from Paris Conciergerie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 13:18