We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
61 reviews
Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

Silly, but I can't find the answer to this (apologies if it's an obvious answer).

We're arriving at Terminal 3 at CDG. We have a prebooked shuttle with Cityrama through a deal we got - where would we find the shuttles? Are there signs in the airport pointing the way?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,844 Reviews
from US$37.30*
US$43.80
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$109.40*
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

I have never used them but was intrigued by the question so just for the challenge, I did a Google search. I used "Charles de Gaulle cityrama" in Google and selected "Cityrama", the first option offered, and was sent to a "pariscityvision" site. I selected the English version - top right hand corner of the page.

This site details Cityrama airport transfers:

pariscityvision.com/en/transfer-from-roissy-…

Just making my own sense of the information provided, it seems this is not a scheduled service but one you get "on-demand" by ringing up on arrival. That alone would make me nervous - who knows how long you would have to wait. And given that you believe that this service is included in a deal, I'd be really sure you have a voucher or some official piece of paper that the driver is willing to accept.

Also check the conditions that apply - my reading is that you are limited to one bag per passenger. Is that an absolute limit, or do additional charges apply for each additional bag?

There is plenty of advice on Trip Advisor that using a cab is a good way for unfamiliar travellers to get into Paris. Or you could use the RER railway system.

I could also mention that there are some negative reports about Cityrama by Trip Advisor members, but some seem to be of the simple confusion kind eg looking for a different trading name - problems that can be minimised by intensive pre-travel research.

This site will show you the location of an airport information desk in Terminal 3:

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…bus

I would be checking for very specific information from whomever provided the "deal" as to how it works. And I would fire off some questions to Cityrama - use the Contact Us button - to also confirm that what you are told fits with the way they work.

Seems Cityrama is a major tour provider - maybe they treat the airport shuttle as an entre to their other services. Maybe booking a tour with them might be a further way of ensuring a reliable transfer service.

But I would not be hanging the front end of my Paris visit on anything but a guaranteed transfer into Paris from CDG. And for me that would be a taxi - it is a tiny fraction of the cost of the airfare which I would invest in a happy start to a great visit.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 14:59
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

Thanks so much. I have a voucher for Cityrama for both my husband and I. When I asked the people who booked our trip through, they said the one bag limit is per suitcase and doesn't include carry on (which is fine, my husband are planning to take one large suitcase between us, and then I'll have a carry on and he has a backpack).

I'm not too concerned. If we get there and the shuttles are too much of a pain to deal with, we'll grab a taxi and go to the hotel. I know the shuttles are notoriously bad, so I'm not relying on them, but if it works and I get to my hotel without having to pay anything, that would be ideal.

If it doesn't work, when I get home I'll alert the travel company we bought through that they may want to reconsider using that provider.

Thanks again!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
26,412 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

I know that as a guided tour company, Cityrama is one of the best known in Paris, but this is actually the first that I have heard about a shuttle service by them.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,468 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

These shuttle services are no longer able to park at the terminal exits. Look for the driver near baggage claim and he will lead you back to his van.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

We did the same thing in London years ago - a shuttle was included in the package. We had to call when we arrived. then it took 2 HOURS for it to arrive! Never again.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

<<Look for the driver near baggage claim and he will lead you back to his van.>>

That sounds, uh, creepy. :) Does he have candy?

My husband and I have agreed to try to do the shuttle because it's included - but if not, we'll go by metro or taxi. I'm not going to let this get my knickers in a knot.

We also received a free hop on-hop off pass for a day as part of our package (we thought we were only getting hotel and flight - so these were all surprises). I was surprised a tourism operator like this would have airport shuttles. I emailed them as well through the "contact us" portion of their website, but as of yet, no one has returned that email.

Thanks everyone!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,468 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

<<it took 2 HOURS for it to arrive!>>

An all too common occurrence. You may want to be thinking of a backup plan just in case:

1. RER/métro to central Paris - 9.25€

2. Roissybus to Opéra - 10€

3. Air France buses to varios locations - about 16€.

4. Taxi approximately 50€.

8. Re: Where are the shuttles located at CDG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:15