We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

My family and I are staying in a euro camp outside Paris (parc international) I believe it to be 10 min walk from rer, we would like to have 1 day in Paris and another day at euro Disney, unfortunately that is all the time we have to explore Paris. How do I purchase rer/ metro tickets, is it best to pre buy them? I have read on ta that it costs 9.75 is that just one way or is that to use for the day 😳 confused

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
645 Reviews
from US$73.00*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
702 Reviews
from US$47.50*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,267 Reviews
from US$100.80*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,425 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

It is unclear to me where you are staying.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,501 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

You purchase them from a ticket machine in the station, or from a manned counter if there is one. You should mention exactly where you'll be staying, on what days and dates you will be traveling to Paris and Disneyland, how many of you there are and what are your ages. There may be some cost efficient methods for your travels depending on these factors.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

I also don't understand where you are staying. I see there is a eurocamp in Maisons-Laffitte west of Paris and one in Val d'Europe east of Paris (near Disney). Which one is yours?

In any case, there is no reason to buy advance tickets and you cannot buy RER tickets online s the price depends on the route. You can only buy carnets of tickets t+ (not valid on the RER outside Paris) and the Paris Visite pass but buying them online means paying a delivery fee and is unnecessary: …parisinfo.com/z7359e1_uk-transport.aspx…

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
121 Reviews
Paris, France
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

My bet is OP is staying here?

eurocamp.co.uk/sites/france-paris/pa011-inte…

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

If it's in Maisons-Laffitte, it is in zone 4, Paris is in zone 1 and Disneyland is in zone 5. The most convenient tickets would probably be day passes.

For the day in Paris, a Mobilis for zones 1-4 at 11.20 €.

For the day at Disneyland, a Mobilis for zones 1-5 at 16.10 €. Children aged 4-11 would get a Paris Visite zones 1-5 instead as it's 11.40 €.

If one of those two days is on a weekend or holiday, anyone under 26 would get a ticket Jeunes Week-end zones 1-5 at 8.10 €.

www.vianavigo.com/en/tickets-and-fares/

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Birmingham, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

We are staying in maisons laffitte we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children 15 and 12.

Thank you for all your replys 😃

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

your kids are adults for the purposes of travel on the metro or RER -- the visite is for kids 11 and under, the reduced rate metro tickets are for kids 9 and under.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,425 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

When is your trip? You might want to at least look for a place to stay on the east side of Paris rather than the west side if you are going to Disneyland. On top of that, the eastern suburbs are generally a lot cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
9. Re: Shoul I pre book metro/rer tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 14:19