We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday car return at Caen Railstation

New York, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday car return at Caen Railstation

Wanted to share my experience on return a car in Caen on Sunday.

We knew that Caen was going to be closed on sunday, and there would be a dropbox. We get to Caen and there doesn't seem to be any parking lot for rental cars. At least none that I was able to locate. I circle a couple of times and ended up parking on a spot about 200 ft away. It seems weird, but I couldn't think of another option. I wrote a little note on where the car was parked and dropped the keys off. Its been 2 weeks now, and no additional charges. I guess that seems to have worked.

3 replies to this topic
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday car return at Caen Railstation

Which rental firm was it?

New York, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday car return at Caen Railstation

It was Europcar, booked through AutoEurope. I picked up at CDG

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday car return at Caen Railstation

I had the same experience at the Caen station a few years back in terms of the lack of any parking lot for returning a Europcar rental. I did see a lot for other companies but it lacked any Europcar sign.

I was returning the car on a weekday, when the office was open so, after parking on the street, I went inside. The agent was fine when I explained that I had parked on the street.. It seemed very odd to me; one would think that, at a minimum, there would have been some sort of information on the written material when I picked up the car at the Caen airport a few days earlier. I suppose if one picks up the car at the Caen station, one might realize that there is no parking lot there.

Reply to: Sunday car return at Caen Railstation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted