We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exchange

Can anyone recommend the best place to convert my € back into £ before returning home on Britanny Ferries?

3 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
28,832 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exchange

I find the UK Post Office is best, wait until you get home.

Better still, visit supermarket and convert it into Vin......

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Exchange

Thank you EssexWanderer, I checked the exchange rate at the post office before I went and it was appalling at the time I went.

If anyone else reads this post then there is a good currency exchange shop on the corner just over the bridge into town from the ferry terminal/Cité de la Mer. They were very fair on their exchange both ways and only charged €2.50 commission whether it was £50 or €500.

While we are on the subject of money - there is an ATM in the ferry port and plenty of ATM in the town centre. and one

Essex
Level Contributor
28,832 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Exchange

Glad you found somewhere for your currency change - sorry the Poat Office was no good, normally find their rates are decent otherwise I would not have mentioned it.

I don't tend to take many Euros now as I just use my debit or credit cards to buy "stuff". I have a debit card that is still commission free in Europe, and credit card with a very low conversion rate (then pay it off quickly when return home).

Reply to: Money Exchange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted