We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct. beach club Antibes

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Oct. beach club Antibes

We are staying for a week in Nice in Oct (early) - we are thinking about a beach day in Antibes. Will the clubs still be open? Could you give me a name of one not too far from the Old Town? Do beach clubs usually provide towels?

7 replies to this topic
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

There are no beach clubs in Antibes unless you count the very small Royal Hotel, which is likely to be closed in October ...altho the outdoor restaurant may be open. The beaches are all public ..no towels unless you bring your own.

But you should find some open in neighbouring Juan les Pins with matresses and parasols , towels, toilets etc. And restaurants. ( beaches in the area can be walked or swum in front of by anyone, only the sunbed and restaurant areas are private).

Ed

Vence, France
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

I doubt that anything will be still open in October.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

The weather is often nice enough in October to lay out at the beach, and sometimes warm enough to swim. But don't go in October expecting it to be a beach vacation. Rather, the beach can be an unplanned bonus.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

You will need to go to Juan les Pins for beaches open in October, some of them do provide beach towels, but don't rely on beach weather here in October.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

I normally swim up to the end of October and with a shallow sandy bottom Juan les Pins is the best place to do it. But get there soon as they are going to demolish 17 of the private beach clubs at the end of this season.

Ed

Southampton
Level Contributor
459 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

Hi Ed. We are just in Juan les Pins now and loving it. So much so that I was planning on coming back for my birthday next year with my girlfriends but just saw your reference to the beach clubs being demolished. Is this permanent, are new ones going in their place? Any insight grateully received.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oct. beach club Antibes

claireybel54...

There will be some replacements, and more public beach... more here in a previous thread...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

Ed

Reply to: Oct. beach club Antibes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted