We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th

Mediaeval fair and Templar themed lectures, plays, concerts , tournaments , crafts , derring-do and merry japes

The programme of activities is in englsih thsi year so i don't need to translate- info here

biot.fr/modules/news/article.php?storyid=712

3 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th

This looks like so much fun. My kids and I would love to be there for this. But I will be in Nice in July, so I will have to plan an April trip on day. SelkieNice, I saw a post you put up from the past about the festival, and have read up on it a lot since. So I thank you for sharing this. I love to learn about the local things that are done in other country's. . In regards to Biot village, do you recommend it for a afternoon trip? I know the town if famous for its glass blowers. Is there anything else in the town with regards to the Templar's(shops or small museum etc)? And is there any other towns or villages that do something similar later in the season. Thanks for the help.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th

Hi

Unfortunately , most of the Templar relics in Biot are mainly documents rather than much of anything to see. though there is still one building beside place aux arcades.

visit-biot.com/discover/…knights-templars

Biot is a pleasant morning or afternoon , and you can easily combine it with valbonne by bus number 10 . There isn't a musuem specifically on Templar history , unfortunately. But most of the locals are very involved in the templar festival and there are a lot of knowledgeable people around at that time

The Biot Templar weekend 2013 is next weekend -5/6/7th april- i shall be there provided the weather is ok

www.visit-biot.com/biot-knight-templars-2013

In july, les Arc [sur argens ] and Hyeres have a mediaeval fair the same weekend -5/6/7 july

Eze village on the 27tth and 28th july

which dates in particular? - there are other local festivals

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th

Hello,

Thank you for your response and as always for your time and information. I will be in Nice from July 5-10. It will be my first time there. I am very excited to explore the southern coast. The fairs you listed, can you please provide more information. I would think it can be explored in just a few hours being it looks like a small village(but you know better). How long would it take to get there from Nice and should it be part of a two city/village trip?

Thank you very much.

Reply to: Biot village Templar festival weekend - till 27th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biot
More Biot Topics