We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Antibes to Biot

Carrboro, North...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Antibes to Biot

We're staying in Nice and want to take a day to visit Antibes, and then go on to visit the Leger Museum in Biot, and spend some time in the village of Biot. I understand the museum is not in the village itself. Bus No. 10 goes from Antibes train station to the museum. How frequently does that bus run? Is it realistic to expect that, after a visit to the museum, we can catch another bus into the village for a meal and a brief walk. And then, of course, how complicated is it to take the bus back to Antibes and from there to Nice?

Or is bus service so iffy that it's better to rent a car for the day?

Many thanks for advice on these questions.

Musee National Fernand-Leger
Art Museums, History Museums
Eglise de Biot
Churches & Cathedrals, Sacred & Religious Sites
La Verrerie de Biot
Gift & Speciality Shops
Place des Arcades
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Neighbourhoods
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

Either take the train to antibnes, look round antinbbes, the take bus 10 to stop fernand leger , then to Biot village, then back to Biot Gare station to return to Nice

or

You can take a train to Biot gare . then take bus number 10 from there to the museum

The stop called fernand Leger is closest to the museum.

The later go to Biot village, then return to Antibes to see antibes and train home

timetable for envibus 10 here

www.envibus.fr/telechargement.asp…

nb due to undertstaffing at the museum , the sarah morris temporary exhibition space and the permanent collections devoted to the years 30-55 are likely to be closed until 31 January between 12h and 14h.  for more info phone 04 92 91 50 20

sydney
Level Contributor
316 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

Hi Selkie

I am taking a group of 14-16 year olds to Nice in September. Do you think the glass blowing factory would interest them? We have 3 days in Nice with things to see, but i was recommended this visit.

Interested in hearing your opinion. cheers CV

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

CV - thinking back a long way to when I was that age I am not sure a visit to a glass blowing factory or museum would excite me terribly. ( I have been there - in my sixties - and I am starting to yawn a little bit at the memory).

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

I suppose it depends on the outlook of the kids - are they interested in art and crafts specifically?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

The glass-blowing atelier below Biot might interest the teenagers if you explain the process to them and talk about how dangerous it can be. We find it fascinating, but then we are big fans of art glass.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

Oh, Catullus.... Can you imagine teenagers punching the air and telling their friends ''Yay, guess what.We went all the way from Australia and saw the Biot Glass Blowing Factory'' !!.

I think altho' I don't often recommend it in this case Monte Carlo might be a better destination to brag about.

Ed

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

What if it was "We came all the way from Australia and saw a glass-blowing factory set on fire."?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

Catullus -i think that would be enough drama =]

9. Re: Nice to Antibes to Biot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2017, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Biot
More Biot Topics