We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

How to get from Nice to Grasse by public transport and what not to miss in Grasse during a four hour visit?

How to get from Grasse to Cannes by public transport?

5 replies to this topic
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

You can get to Grasse from Nice by taking the 500 bus... or by train. The train very handily connects both Cannes and Grasse so you can do both on the same ticket at no extra cost.

The main interest in Grasse for tourists are the famous parfumeries such as Fragonard and the perfume museums. You can take free tours. Otherwise if you are not interested in perfume it may not be a key destination for you. The centre of the old town has some interesting traditional buildings many of which are rather run down.

Ed

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,645 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

Be sure to visit the fine International Perfume Museum, which has a garden on the top floor and a marvelous collection of perfume bottles--from ancient Egypt to the designs of the great French couturiers. You can see perfume being made at the Fragonard shop across from the rose garden (the parking garage is underneath), have a scent blended for you, and see perfume-making equipment. Nice small salesroom, too, although there's a larger one up the main street.

The Museum of Art and History of Provence is quite interesting and a short walk down from the parking lot. If you're in the market for soaps, lavender, and other products of the area you'll find them at boutiques along the main street. I found a very nice pashmina at one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

Hi, regarding the same route I thought I saw somewhere that Grasse train station was closed during our stay (29th -1st June) but now I can't find where I saw it to double check! Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also any indication would be greatly received, on the cost of a single train ticket (if running) vs the bus? Trying to work out if its more economical and less hassle to book a taxi for the 5 of us.

Many thanks,

J

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

Have looked up the bus timetable for the number 31 and I think it states that there is only one bus a day at 14.25, is this right? Thank you

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse

The line between Cannes and Grasse is closed for essential works but there is a half hourly non stop replacement bus. The train fare from Nice to Grasse is 10.10 euro each way.

The 500 bus from Nice to Grasse is 1,50 euro each way.

Ps just got your latest. The 500 bus from Nice runs every 35 mins on average.

Ed

Edited: 04 May 2017, 01:47
Reply to: Nice to Grasse by bus and what not to miss in Grasse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grasse