We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

7 posts
Save Topic
Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

Hi, I am driving from Grasse to Lyon tomorrow, leaving fairly early with plenty of time to get there. Is there a scenic route, or is it better to take the autoroute and arrive early enough to see some attractions in Lyon? I'm only staying overnight in Lyon to break up the trip back tp Paris.

Thanks!

Trish

Mentioned in this post
Grasse
Grasse
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

Taking the Route Napoléon to Castellanne and Moustiers-ste-Marie, then through the Luberon Valley, would be very scenic, but it would be considerably slower than using the autoroute. I recommend using the viamichelin.com web site to compare routes and driving times. I think if you want some time in Lyon the autoroute would be your best choice.

Mentioned in this post
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

Many thanks for your advice - I will go direct to Lyon by autoroute as i have already spent a little time in the Luberon.

Best

Tricia

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

You might consider breaking your drive at Montélimar, a charming town right off the autoroute. It's famous for its nougat, and the wide main avenue is good for stretching the legs.

4. Re: Driving Grasse to Lyon - the best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2016, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Grasse