We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BUs 23 from airport to city

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
BUs 23 from airport to city

CAn anybody tell me whether i can use the Ticket azur to get from the airport to the city, and where can i buy it at the airport. I arrive at 5 pm.

I intend to stay in Gare NIce area. Where is the nearest bus stop.

I could not find the information on the website.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

The 23 is the most frequent of the ordinary Lignes d'Azur urban routes that stop at the Aeroport Promenade bus stop (main road opposite exit from Terminal 1) heading into town. You usually buy the ticket (ticket Azur single journey) from the driver 1.50 euro, exact change desirable, large denomination notes not. Its a bit of a scrum, so be prepared.

There is a ticket office at the exit of T1 which sells bus and train tickets, If you are moving around the city a lot, you can by a 10 journey Pass Multi for 10 euros, saves a lot of hassle and saves money.

The closest 23 gets to Gare SNCF Nice Ville is intersection of Gambetta and Thiers, which is a couple of hundred yards from the station itself, which is down av. Thiers.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

If you are not fussed about a six euro ticket price, the airport express bus 99 goes direct from both T1 and T2 to Gare SNCF. It's a lot less hassle but you may have a fair wait as they are not the most frequent.of services. Most travellers seem to prefer the airport express, better with luggage space, less crowded.

Edited: 11 July 2018, 22:06
Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

You can get off the 23 at stop Vallon Barla promenade or St Helene Promenade and transfer on to the next 12 bus which will take you to stop Gare Thiers which is a short walk to the train station. You can reuse the same ticket but you must validate it in the validation machine in both buses.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

Thank you all.

Can i use one azur ticket for 2 persons, that is can i tap twice when i board.

Also where do i get off if i were to go to Palais Massena on bus 23.

CAn i use on bus 100 to Monaco as well.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

Reverse order - Monaco 100 requires purchase of a separate ticket,1.50 euro from the driver, Monaco is outside the "tariff Zone" for Lignes d'Azur from Nice.

Palais Massena- the Museum of art and history, Rue de France, or Place Massena - the central town square? If the later, the 23 does not go there, or indeed the former. For Place Massena you want the 52 bus from Aeroport Promenade opposite T1, same stop as the 23.

One Azur single ticket is per one person. If you want multiple persons you needtwo tickets, or purchase the 10-trajet "pass multi" - 10 euros for 10 journeys, from the airport ticket office T1, or any Lignes d'Azur office in the town.

Edited: 15 July 2018, 14:37
Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
6. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Struer, Denmark
1 post
2 reviews
7. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

Does bus 23 stop at St. Augustin station ?

And does it pass terminal 2 in the airport ?

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: BUs 23 from airport to city

No and no.

Reply to: BUs 23 from airport to city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted