We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i visit St Paul Vence?

london
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
should i visit St Paul Vence?

i will be in Nice for 3 days...a freind ahs recommended St Paul Vence...is it worth the hour bus to get there? I have been to Nice once 8 years ago...i loved it but wanted to see other places if they are easy to get to...thanks

Mentioned in this post
Vence
Vence
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
UK
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should i visit St Paul Vence?

I can certainly recommend a trip to St. Paul-de-Vence. It is a beautiful Provençal hill town full of charming narrow streets, a square with locals playing petanque, lovely restaurants (in particular the famous Colombe d'Or) and streets of artists' studios. And there are the beautiful vistas of the surrounding countryside.

Mentioned in this post
St-Paul-de-Vence
St-Paul-de-Vence
La Colombe D'Or
La Colombe D'Or
1,113 Reviews
St-Paul-de-Vence, France
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should i visit St Paul Vence?

Hello

well, the problem is the 3 days, not enough time to take in Nice let alone visit other places. Even though you visited Nice a few years ago, you could easily spend 3 days exploring just Nice. Normally I would suggest you get a guide book and take yourself along to the different towns and villages using buses and trains. I know you are interested in Monaco which is quick and easy by train. You might want to consider seeing Eze Village the same day as Monaco, this would give you a picturesque walled mediaeval village to explore as an alternative to St Paul which as you rightly pointed out is an hour by bus in the opposite direction. If you are going during the winter months then it might be worth hiring a car just for the day, there is a budget rent a car place on ave de Verdun close to rue de Congres. Or, as time is tight there are various companies offering guided tours, the one here:

http://tinyurl.com/y5dm9e

gives a day trip to Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze plus there are other trips they do too.

best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Eze
Eze
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should i visit St Paul Vence?

I prefer Eze to St Paul and it is much easier to get to. However, I don't think it is worth a visit in bad weather when there will be no views and it can feel like a ghost town.

Mentioned in this post
Eze
Eze
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i visit St Paul Vence?

I agree with Allaboutnice. It's so quick and easy to get to Monaco on the train. If you were going to rent a car, then you could take just a few hours and visit St. Paul de Vence, but I think it would take up most of the day if you did it by bus. Eze is definitely a good alternative since it's on the way to Monaco.

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
St-Paul-de-Vence
St-Paul-de-Vence
5. Re: should i visit St Paul Vence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 03:17