We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

SoCal
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

I'll be flying into Lyon in April. According to Google maps, my hotel is a 20 minute walk or a 10 minute car ride from Gare Part-Dieu (the main train station.) I would love some advice on the best way to get to my hotel from the airport. I'm assuming that there is public transportation between the airport and the train station, or some type of airport shuttle. Maybe then, a cab or Uber to the hotel? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

1. Taxi will cost around 50 euros before 19.00, 70-75 euros after.

2. RhonExpress speed tram will take you to Part-Dieu for 16 euros per person.

3. Car sharing service bla bla car - 3-6 euros per person. You have to adjust to their schedule and normally only one standard piece of luggage per person allowed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

The Rhone Express connects up with the Metro system. There is probably a metro stop closer to your hotel than the 20 minute walk/ 10 minute ride from the Part Dieu station. Depending upon the metro line that you need to take, you may want to get off the Rhone express at the Vaulx-en-Velin stop, which is before Part Dieu. Here is a link to the official Rhone Express website, https://www.rhonexpress.fr/en

SoCal
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

Thanks so much. I didn't know the name of the shuttle service - so this will make it much easier.

Lyon, France
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

Hello Love2Go

I suggest you Mr Binh , you can find him on the web , he can ride you directly to your hotel from 29 euros and he is really friendly and professional ,he has a website --> http://www.mrbinh.fr

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel

Thank you Richard for your advice , effectively we have tried Mr BINH shuttle and we were very happy about him ! He picked us up just in the arrival hall and drove us untill our hotel in the center. He is very friendly , knowing a lot about the city and gave a us a lot of hints !

Reply to: Best way to get from Lyon Airport to Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted