We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

We will be collecting my son from the airport so he can join us for part of our holiday. The website says that the parking is free for ten minutes then .50€ for every two minutes. Does anyone know how straightforward it is to pick up/ how long it is likely to take if he has only hand luggage?

5 replies to this topic
Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
639 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

The free car park is ok for dropping someone off, but it's almost impossible to use it to pick someone up without incurring any cost. Note that there's usually a queue to exit this car park and queuing time is deducted from your 10 minutes - you can't argue with a machine.

If I were you, I'd go into the short term car park nearest to his arrival terminal and pay a few euros for it (machines to pay are in the terminal). Sadly, the days of free parking are over!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

Thank you

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

What we usually do is that we don't drive into the pick up zone until the person we pick up text us to say he/she is ok with luggage. Of course we check before getting to the airport that the flight is on time, otherwise you might wait a long time...

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

Thanks, is there somewhere nearby to wait?

Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
639 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry

In the past, we've found a place just at the entrance where you can pull off the road and wait. Or if there are 2 of you, one can circle round until the other texts to say that it's ok to return to the carpark. However, I'd still prefer to go into the short term car park and pay a couple of euros.

Reply to: Pick up from Aéroport de Lyon Saint-Exupéry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lyon
Recent Conversations